15 August 2011

The Singaporean Tourist - Getting Snappy

Many times I hear people expressing absolute boredom at photography in their own country. I cannot speak for other countries but this is very prevalent in Singapore. I've called this place home since I was moved here with my family at a tender age.

This country amazes me. I doubt any land's been able to change its landscape and make-up of people with such ferocity in the span of merely 46 years. There're things changing right under our noses every moment that passes and it is because of this that I must disagree with the crowd that there is nothing more to shoot in Singapore.

I'd like to share what I see in this land (and more, hopefully!), and as often as I can, with the only camera I have that was gifted to me (a Samsung EX1, just in case anyone was curious). Be well.

*WARNING. Photos are about to flood you like Orchard Road "once every 50 years". All photographs were taken by me, so naturally, all rights are reserved by me.

If you can make out his face, you're probably too close. Drive safe, or suffer THE BRUCE.
pblog

The rite of passage for many disgruntled youths of Singapore. On a public bus, no less.pblog

Millenia Walk - Change is happening here. Good.
pblog

Oh Singaporeans love their flowing water, lots and lots of it.pblog

...behind the displayed wealth, it's just you and me.pblog

Lepak only. [lepak: to be laidback]pblog

The hands that built this city.pblog

Parco at Millenia. Tonnes of locals still haven't heard of this yet. I know 'cos I've asked. pblog

Hot wheels leading the way! pblog

Dedicated to the Youth Olympians. Ignored by Singaporeans who pass them without even a glance. pblog

Photographers are listed here for every single picture. Who knew? Did you?pblog

Run, Metal Man Made Of Metal In Running Pose, RUN!pblog

Reaching for the proverbial sky.
pblog

Well this just set the.. um, benchmark, for benches. pblog

Dead fish and an empty liquor bottle. There's a correlation somewhere. pblog

Barely a week since National Day.pblog

Do you know where this is? Have you read it?pblog

Yeah, brother, I'd love some of that in this weather.pblog

MBS Chanel.
pblog

Marina Bay Sands. Integrated Resort. YetAnotherMall.pblog

I've gotta visit that place one of these days.pblog

Ice-skating rink right beside the food court in a mall! Who'da thunk it?! (Oh, maybe Sunway Pyramid in KL?)pblog

Hey, my blog. I like my shoes.
pblog

GOTCHA!
pblog

Kinda creepy coffin-looking thingy considering it's the Lunar 7th Month.pblog

LOOKATME! LOOK AT ME!!!
pblog

In the middle of nowhere.pblog

No, really. What the hell?pblog

These things hold the boardwalk up. Bravo!pblog

Another look into MBS.
pblog

The Sloane Clinic's impressive lightbulb display.pblog

Keepin' it classy, TCC.
pblog

The invaders! I hope he likes curry!
pblog

I don't even want to explain this.pblog

Unicorn!!! I SPY UNICORN! Salvador Dali UNICOOOOOOORRRRN!
pblog

These things spray water in the sweltering heat of day. JIZZ.
pblog

Artist's impression?
pblog

The Olympic Walk. Apparently you do that by stomping right into the first 3 letters.pblog

Singa says hi!
pblog

Marina Bay Link. This goes to.. The Promontory. Whatever that is.pblog

The Three of Threes! I don't know...pblog

Bloody fabulous HUGE fans that turn on automatically when you're under 'em!
pblog

Well, out-standing, then?
pblog

Hard at work.. only after they saw me. I'm just kidding, these guys are pro.pblog

I love this place, and I hope you do too. Give it a chance.pblog

No comments:

Post a Comment