25 August 2011

The Weekend I Never Wanted to Return From

So I went on a trip back to Malaysia to meet with my loved ones. The prospect of simply heading back to my country of origin was already scintillating enough, what more with the only people I'd like to spend any weekend with.

What with the troubles of the world, the suffering of fools at work, and my general uncaring attitude towards the voting of the next President of Singapore, this break was as good as it came. As far as I'm concerned, the President of Singapore is merely a figure we're throwing $4million at for his term to do exactly what the government already deemed he/she can do, nothing more, so don't bullshit me with what you can "bring to the table".

Now for pictures at Sunway Pyramid, PJ, Malaysia. A time and land of simple pleasures, where the food is delicious to a fault, where the people are warm and charming, who actually chat with you and give way without horning incessantly.

If the pictures do not show that, it is only because I am not a good enough photographer to capture such goodness.

Cheaper than a bus ride. Ridiculous, but appreciated.

sw1

 

Obligatory shadow shot.sw2

 

Goodbye to shittyland. 
sw3

 

Always a sweet reminder of my wondrous childhood, most Tuesday evenings spent in A&W with my family.sw5

 

I love that ring so much I'm going to steal it some days and wear it myself!sw6

 

Don't tell me you don't think those are the coolest rings in the world.sw7

 

This wall. It speaks my soul.
sw9

 

It is.sw10

 

Never thought I'd be eating out of the toilet, but I did just that. Concept was good, food... not so much.sw13

 

I just thought these were absolutely adorable!sw15

 

They've got the prettiest shoes, but them bunnies are all I care about. Luckily The Sweets was too engrossed at her new shoes to notice I was gone.sw16

 

Enjoy my WHAT?sw17

 

That fish and broccoli dish had more alcohol in it that I could care to injest at 5pm.sw19

 

How Singapore has not a single branch but Sunway Pyramid has TWO outlets is beyond me.sw20

 

Thank goodness for Black and White, because this ride needs some serious help.sw21

 

Big Malaysia. Big Bottle.sw22

 

Drugs. No, really. That's how we Chinese roll.sw23

 

In my ride with the fabulous uncle and my only grandparent left. Grandmother, I love you. We all do.sw25

 

This is a shopping mall with a truly open concept ala Bugis Junction sans the aircon. The Curve, they call it.sw26

 

Mind you, this is the second round in barely 3hours.sw29

 

Gorm. What a woody little word. GORM. GORM.sw30

 

Yes, I WAS looking for 21, wherever the hell it was.
sw31

 

Like a boss.sw32

 

Mm what you say..sw33

 

Yet another scrumptious meal for just 4. You've never had chicken rice and sauce THIS good. Just across Sunway. sw35

 

5am and already checking out of this little, grand place in the middle of shopping mall that has TWO KRISPY KREME OUTLETS.sw36

 

Yes lady, it's a drag for me too, getting out of this wondrous country where I made a good friend out of a cab driver. If anyone's dropping in to the Low Cost Carrier Terminal and need a cab, call and reserve a spot with Ray beforehand at +60163961577. He drives smoother than butter on butter itself.sw37

 

Transmission ends. Back to reality.sw38

1 comment:

  1. Certainly ironic, the weekend you spent admiring KL is the weekend I spent admiring Singapore. How lovely and clean your country is (seriously, the toilets are damned clean)! I'd say that would have to be the biggest gripe I have about Malaysia (cleanliness, not just toilets). I guess the grass is always greener (and has less shit!) on the other side...

    ReplyDelete