20 May 2012

So I got invited to the Audi Fashion Festival 2012 (17 May)

I don't own anything to wear that's above $50, and weighing machines scream murder when I'm in the vicinity, so you can imagine the look on my face when I got invites to only THE fashion event of the moment in Singapore. That said, I still went knowing I would feel absolutely out of place and inadequate.

I wasn't wrong.

Aff2012one_1_of_21
These events are the best. Good-looking people just hang around like they haven't spent 10hours before prepping to look like they haven't done a thing to be this good-looking.

Aff2012one_4_of_21
Spotted this fella who came in with renowned singer-composer Dick Lee. Did he stand out? I think he did.

Aff2012one_3_of_21
.....but not as much as THIS GUY stood out.

Aff2012one_5_of_21
.....which made THIS MAN really uncomfortable, for some reason.

Aff2012one_7_of_21
SO. The Audi Fashion Festival Singapore 2012. Held at the Ngee Ann City Atrium in a pre-fab and fabulous tent. The show runs 16 to 20 May, 2012.Tickets are SGD120 per day's show.

Aff2012one_6_of_21
Just before the show started, we were drenched in purple light. I'd thought about displaying this photo in black-and-white, but that would not be right. Or funny.

Aff2012one_8_of_21
The chic lady with the cool-do is Esther Perbandt from Berlin, after showcasing her Pre-Spring 2013 collection.

Aff2012one_11_of_21
Models sashaying down the runway like they've only known this all their lives.. which I expect is true for a lot of them, considering the nutrition they look like they're getting (or not) in order to do this to perfection.

Aff2012one_12_of_21
And that's Sheila Sim, one of Singapore's top models. I was so taken in with her hair the entire evening I couldn't even bare to touch my own head because in comparison, my hair might as well have been dead snakes.

Aff2012one_13_of_21
Amidst the models (which I might add, has an abundance of space) and plentiful good-lookers, there's Dominic Lau and Oli Pettigrew, both hosts of entertainment shows in the South-East Asia region, if I'm not wrong. I appreciate good-looking, and those two guys there? DAAAAAYYYUUMMMM THEY'RE GOOD-LOOKING.

Aff2012one_14_of_21
Here's Miss Hair of the Evening Sheila Sim again, in a figure-hugging (which one isn't?) dress set to impress. And impress, she did.

Aff2012one_16_of_21
If my memory doesn't fail me, that man would be Timo Weiland all the way from New York. He's got such an unassuming demeanour that took me by surprise. Also I really like his shirt. Mmm.

Aff2012one_17_of_21
With that many studs and babes at one location actually POSING ALL THE TIME for you to take their photos, it's actually hard not to whip out your camera and block the view of everyone behind you.

Aff2012one_19_of_21
See, that's what alcohol does to you when you don't take enough of it. At the time of writing this, I had a little bit much to be coherent. I don't even know what picture I'm describing right now.

Aff2012one_18_of_21
I think she's pretty. That is all.

Aff2012one_20_of_21
One of the best pieces in the collection by Yeojin Bae (Melbourne.. I know) in my humble opinion that doesn't matter, of course.

Aff2012one_21_of_21
This. This girl. Her name is Fiona Fussi. She's from Singapore. She is 15 years old. She also headlines this year's Audi Fashion Festival. THIS GIRL.

No comments:

Post a Comment